Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Humid Day for Bike Ride

A little behind in writing and posting here.  Friday, I had to get out for a bike ride.  It had been about 3 weeks since I was back from Albuquerque and my last bike ride.  The day was a bit warm and humid.  Filtered sunshine, but no wind.

Decide for a ride along Valley View Trail.  Had not been on the trail in some time.  It was great that I could get some miles in, but no committed to a long ride.  Lots of opportunity to decide it was time to turn around and ride back.

Parked at K-Mart.  Felt pretty good riding.  Stopped at 2 miles for some water.  Continued down to Hwy 92 (about 4 miles).  Another stop to hydrate.  Stopped at some benched about hald way back.  Stopped to rest the legs and drink my bottle og Gatorade.

The 8+ miles was about all I could do in the humidity.  When I got home, the body craved food and liquids.  Ended up eating a whole pizza and a quart of Gatorade.  Worthless the rest of the day.  Need lots of sleep the next day.

No comments: