Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Antenna Status

Cousin Don and I had dinner Saturday evening at Albuquerque's Billy's Long Bar.  I had much to discuss with don to help ne marry the "ham sticks" I purchased to the tripod. I had not inspected closely the new tripod.  We had made plans for a transition from the base to the antenna.  When I got home and fully unboxed the base, I started re-engineering the planned installation.

It became obvious my planned installation might be a "rube goldburg" installation.  Back to the Ham Radio Outlet website.  Found a better option (with the ham sticks I was looking of operating on 2 bands - 40M and 20M).  I found a "back-packing" antenna that has a better system for mounting to the tripod.  And, a big advantage is that it will cover 40M up to 6M!

Ordered the antenna - it should arrive mid-week.

As usual, we had additional conversation over sandwiches and pints of beer.

No comments: