Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Symposium Closing

Yesterday was the last day of the National Trials Symposium. For some housekeeping, the name I have been using for the symposium was a little wrong. What I attended as the 2008 National Trails Symposium presented by American Trails

OK, that's corrected. Was a short day. No coffee Trail Talk, just 2 sessions and the closing luncheon.

Creating Trails the Users Want So You Don't Get the Trails You Don't Want was the first session I attended. Two of the 3 presenters are ATV riders - but most of the information presented is applicable to most all trails. The third present is from Minnesota DNR and presented 3 case studies.

The final session I attended was Volunteer Stewardship Planning and Integrating Youth and Trails. This was probably the least interested for me.

The Symposium ended with a luncheon address by Richard Louv, author of "Last Child in the Woods".

Now, I have been assembling my notes to forward to interested parties.

On to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That bike rack looks pretty secure... sounds like an informative trip. See you in the future, drive safe. -zach-

Unknown said...

Tom, I'd love to see your notes if possible.

Jon Downey