Tuesday, October 1, 2013

15,000 Miles!

The weather has been windy, and have not been able to hit the 15k miles mark.  Yesterday, the temperature was awesome, the air was dry, but windy from the South.  Met a couple new friends there were thinking of riding fron Silver City to Malvern.  Just what I needed.

My log had been showing I needed 9 miles to break 15,000 miles since I started riding in July 2015.  Met my two new friends at Silver City.  They both ride Terra Trikes.  I rode my hardtail mountain bike (Trek 4300). 

When we started out, I could feel that I would have to take it easy.  Think i did not have enough, right food this morning to undertake the ride.  But, headed out anyway.  Stopped a couple times on the way to Silver Creek Bridge.  We stopped to visit for a while at the bridge.  Headed on South a little further to 305th St.

At this time, I knew i had had enough.  Would be rough enough getting back to the car.  Seemed that even the tail wind did not help me.  I was exhausted when I got back to the car.

Could hardly walk when I got home and unloaded the bike.  Too tired to think about processing photos or write this blog posting.  Restless night in bed. 

But, I made my goal - 15,000 miles. 

No comments: