Sunday, November 5, 2017

Family Visitors

Spent most of the morning resting in the room.  Worked on some artistic photo taken at  Valley of Fire.  Spelled my cousin at his pipe show table.

Had made plans with relatives on my mom's family side.  Aunt Mart Jane and cousin Beth Johnson met me to a late lunch at the hotel's Grand Cafe.

I packed up most of my stuff from the room,  Cousin Don and fellow New Mexico pipe makers Victor and Nathan invited me to join them with pizza a brew after the show.  Since I had a big, late lunch I just had a couple pints of craft beer. 

The "after glow" was at PizzaRev a couple blocks from the hotel.  Interesting set-up at the place.  Pizzas where one person sized pizza.  Beer and wine are on a tap wall.  After ID check, we were given wrist bands which link with the tap wall.  The base amount was 32 oz, end we could choose that we want and how much of each, until the 32 oz was used up.

I opted for "Full Sail" amber ale from a brewery in Hood River, OR.

Called it an early evening as we were planning to be out of the hotel heading home about 6am.

No comments: