Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Laguna Burger

This week's "Geezer" lunch was a The Laguna Burger on 12th st near I-40.  I was not impressed.

I was a little early, as usual.  Another of our group arrived aand we got in line to order our food.  This was about 12:30, the normal time we arrive for our luncheons.  The place was a zoo.

I ordered my food and looked for a pint of /Amber Ale.  The server said they did not have any Amber Ales and did not make any suggestion.  So, I settled for water.

The test of our group started arriving and we were able to move to a larger table. One ordered what looked like a amber ale, which was actually Sam Adam's Oktoberfest.  Not a local "craft" beer, but I have had it and works as a substitute in a pinch.  I went and got a pint about the time my food was arriving. 

Not excited about the food.  The french fries were limp and "soggy".  My 1/3 pound chile-cheeseburger was acceptable.  By the time we were all served out food, the place was almost empty.  Maybe if arriving about 1pm for lunch would be better.  As it was, I was not impressed with the food nor service.

No comments: