Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Hiking Boots

I have been preparing from my planned trip to Death Valley and other destinations for a Winter trip.

Over the last few weeks, I had a doctor appointment to discuss problems with my left knee.  X-Rays confirmed the problem  .we (Doctor and I) decided on a series of 3 injections of a gel into my knee.  Even with the first injection, my knee improved.

Looking forward to being able to walk better, I stopped by Boot Barn for a new pair of good hiking boots (photo).  They are water-resistant boots with a good walking tread.  Like many of my boots, where the foot length was 12, I have a wide foot - so end up with a pair of size 13 boots.

Now, I am hoping that I can make the trip, but things look less likely.  The government partial shutdown (including the National Parks) will cause me to cancel my trip.  A majority of the US Population wants the government back up.  Unfortunately, the leader of the Senate fuses to allow a vote.

No comments: