Thursday, July 1, 2010

The North Carolina Arboretum


Finally, I am all caught up on my blogging (with this post). Today is a relaxing day. In the morning, headed to The North Caroline Arboretum. Spent a couple hours walking around and shooting flowers.

Admission to the Arboretum is free. There is a parking fee (currently $8). The first Tuesday of the month parking is free. Check their web site to verify since motel rack cards are out of date.

While the Arboretum opens at 8am, the Baker Exhibit Center, Education Center, and Bonsai Exhibition Garden open at 9am. I was starting early to beat the heat (though that is not so bad as it has been).

I was thinking of walking some of the trails of the Arboretum, but my legs still need the rest. I could have brought a bike to ride on the grounds. Actually, I am feeling its time to load up the bikes for the trip home, too.

Later in the day, it was a nap and packing for the return trip. Glad i spent another day here before heading the road again.

No comments: