Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ride on the Trace


Yesterday I was thinking of doing a ride on the Wabash Trace. Just was a little tired so did not ride. This morning at coffee, Dennis said he was thinking of riding the Trace today. Sounded good to me, so we planned to ride from Silver City south (at least to Malvern).

Both of us were looking to take some photos. Stopped at Silver Creek bridge to take a few photos. On down to Malvern were we stopped at the park for snack and water. Both felt good to continue south.

Ended up riding to the West Nishnabotna River bridge. Took some more photos at that bridge and other places along the way. I had my good camera with me, took bracketed exposures to create HDR Photos. One of these, processed as "grunge" by Photomatix Lite and converted to black & white by Microsoft Digital Image Pro is shown on this post.

Weather was partly cloudy, in the mid 80s. Was supposed to be drier air than yesterday, but both of us worked up a sweat. Good ride.

BTW, there was a tree down across the trail just south of Malvern.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing photo. I love that bridge.

Jason