Saturday, July 9, 2016

Holiday and Final Move Plans

Dodge City, KS became the regular overnight stop for me.  The desk clerk at the hotel knew me when I drove up.  I was looking forward to the burger and brew across the the street from the hotel.  For your information - my favorite hotel was the Rodeway Inn and food was at Bad Habits Sports Bar & Grill.

For a little variety, I would drive either US 56 or US 54 out of Dodge City area to I-25 or I-40.  I still have not found out what this structure (pictured here) is in Hooker, OK.

In Albuquerque, I picked up a desk and file cabinet from Office Max.  Started assembling the file cabinet. 

I was invited to a 4th of July cook-out.  Hosts were the owners of the house I rented in January and friends of cousin Don.  Was and enjoyable evening.  We were treated to a personal/family fireworks show.

Cousin Don offered to come to Iowa with me to help me finish packing the POD for the move.  We made plans to head to Iowa, driving through - 900 miles in one day.  Made it for Saturday breakfast. 

No comments: