Friday, July 29, 2016

Moving In

On Saturday, July 23, the PODS was delivered to my new residence.  It was on the driveway early enough that I was able to head over to the High Desert ARC Social Breakfast.

not in a big hurry to start unloading the POD.   Breakfast was at Mimi's near Jefferson, not the normal monthly breakfast.  Its a good place to avoid.  Breakfast about $16 including tip.  We were asking/looking for coffee refills. 

After breakfast, I did a couple other errands, returning home about noon.   My that time, it was a little too hot to start moving stuff into the house.  Thermometers hit 101 that day in Rio Rancho.

Once the evening was cooling off, I started moving stuff from the PODS into the garage and house.  Took a break for sleep and back to moving out of the 'pods until the temperature was too high.  Closed the garage door and worked in the house, moving goods from garage into closets and cabinets in the house.

Sunday evening was the same thing.  Moved what I could grab by myself out of the PODS and into the garage.  Was back at it Monday morning when cousin Don came to help me.

We were able to get everything moved out of the PODS and at least into the garage.  It was time for food and a well earned pints of micro-brew at "The Local Brewhouse".  Thanks to cousin Don for all of his help (and push) to get the move accomplished.

Now, I have been slowly moving my possessions from the garage into the house.  The dish and clothes washers have been busy.  The PODS was removed from my drive - they were happy to get it back.  It was swepts out, loaded onto the truck and taken directly to the next customer's property.

No comments: