Saturday, July 23, 2016

Loaded up and Gone

After breakfast Saturday morning, Don and I tackled loading the rest of my stuff into the POD,  We gave ourselves the goal of being pack and on the road Thursday morning.  As I would pack a box, Don was loading in into the POD.  We was also looking at other things I may want to load and thigs he might like to take off my hands.

We put in some long days and were exhausted after dinner time.  We took time off for making the usual Sunday and Tuesday coffees at Panera Bread.  Thursday early morning, we were packed up and the POD was locked.

Said my "good-bye" to my house for the last 30 years.  Was an emotional "farewell".  Off to Panera for coffee.  Spent about 1 1/2 hour there visiting and saying "good-bye". 

Then, it was on the road heading southwest.  We decided to take it easy on the way back, spending the night in Dodge City.

Made Dodge City in planty time to tour the old Boot Hill museum.  Had a pint of beer at the Long Branch Saloon.  Checked into the hotel.  Walked across Wyatt Earp Blvd to Bad Habits for brew and burger.  All the times I had been in this bar, never seen it so busy.

We were exhausted and crashed into bed.  On the road about 6:30 in the morning.  Drove to Liberal where we had breakfast.  When we got Don's place in Albuquerque, my nerves let loose - my stomach rebelled from the nerves.  Got my car out of Don's lot and drove to my Rio Rancho house.Saturday morning, Don came up and we unloaded his van.

No comments: