Monday, August 1, 2016

Break from Unpacking

By Saturday evening, I was looking forward to a break from the moving activities..  Weather was looking good for most all of the day Sunday, so I decided it was a good day to make a return visit to the Valles Caldera.  I wanted to get an early start si that I could drive the preserve roads and take photos.

Typically, I could not sleep.  Got up early and had a big breakfast at IHOP (more than I could finish).  Gassed up the car,  Stopped in San Ysidro to use the facilities and get some soda.  It was about 8:15 that I pulled into the Valles Caldera National Preserve visitor's Center.  Signed in for driving the roads and headed off to shoot photos of the caldera.

The preserve is now under the National Park Service.  The preserve roads are narrow, gravel roads.  To keep traffic reasonable, the preserve allows 35 personal vehicles per day. 

Visited a little with one of the ranger - talked about my High Dynamic Range Photography/  Was thinking to check some of the spots along the way home, but the road and turn-off were full.  Think lots of people had the same idea.  Back home, I processed photos taken during the trip.

Photos I took at Valles Caldera are posted on my web site.   http://tomwinfield.com/new-mexico/valles-caldera.html

No comments: