Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Quiet Las Vegas Weekend

After playing tour-guide Thursday/Fridat, I had a quiet weekend.  Was hoping to visit with relatives, but things did not work out.

Saturday,  I kitted up for a bike ride.  Stopped in a bike shop to get map(s).  Very nice new free maps were available for the Southern Nevada and Henderson, NV.  Grabbed the hybrid out of the van and ready for a bike ride on the Pittman Wash Trail in Henderson.  Alas, I had 2 broken spokes on the rear wheel. 

 Had dinner at the hotel cafe - decent order of spaghetti and meatballs.  Champagne brunch at the hotels Grand buffet. 

Met up with a couple guys from my Army Unit for lunch.  Was a little too much food, but good food at BJ's with a pint of beer. Great to see and visit with Nick and Alex (see photo). 

The afternoon/evening was spend napping and working on photos from the trip.  Headed back towards Albuquerque about daybreak. 

Stopped about 15 miles South of Hoover Dam to take a couple photos of the Colorado River downstream from the dam.  Late lunch in Flagstaff.  Was just getting dark as we got off I-40, heading to my house.

No comments: