Monday, January 16, 2017

16" boots

While I was packing up the Iowa house, I did not think I would want/need any of my high boots.  I had a pair of Red Wing 16" boots that was not fitting right these days (I was much heavier than when I bought them).  Not thinking about of the boots that I bought from Nature, I decided I did not need/desire the tall boots.

Now that I have been losing weight - about 40 pounds so far - I was looking for 16" high boots.  I started looking at boots on-line.  Red Wing no longer makes the 16" lineman's boots.  There were others out the retailing over $400.  I was able to find Carolina Boot Co 16" boots for $209 (shipping included).  I bit the bullet and ordered the boots (size 12W).  Those boots arrived this afternoon.

Took time to pre-lace the bottom eyelets and tried on the right boot (was rough to get it on - because of my high inset - but fits good once on).

Later this evening or tomorrow I will lace up both boots to wear them a little - break them in. 

Update:  Was able to get both boots on.  Little problems getting them on because of my high instep.  Once I got them on, they are comfortable to wear.  Think I just need to wear them to stretched them - or may have to check out places to stretch the instep area.

No comments: