Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Info: B-day Ride

Some information about my planned 60th birthday ride...

Saturday, Oct 13th. Start to assemble about 1pm - Lake Manawa Mountain Bike Trail

Figure we should be able to start riding by 1:30. Now, I can only ride about an hour and quarter to hour and half. That is enough for my legs, etc. Others may want to ride longer.

I will fire up a grill (working on that). Planning to pick up burgers and buns. Bring what else you want to eat/drink.

In the next couple days I will contact the Park about reserving a shelter. If the trails are not rideable, we can take a ride on the paved trail around CB. Lets hope for good weather and trail conditions.

Rumor has it another of our riding friends will be celebrating his birthday a day after mine. (He IS a few years younger than me.)

4 comments:

BLUEIF said...

What can I help with?

NaugaBike said...

I'm not sure, Blaine.

I found out that no reservations for the shelters after 9/30 - first come/first served. We will try to use Shelter 2 or Shelter 1 (closest to the mountain bike trails).

This is the first time I am "organizing" a mountain bike ride & party. The big thing will be to get the word out.

What do you think I may be missing? I am planning to buy a small (tailgate use sized) gas grill. That's about all I don't have. I will pick up burgers and buns at Sam's. From that, every is on their own.

BLUEIF said...

We can use the shop's grill. I will post it on xtr blog. Just give me the word.

NaugaBike said...

That would be great if you could do that -- not sure about you transporting that out to the park.

I have posted to Bike Master's Cycling Club blog and sent info for MtB Omaha blog.