Saturday, September 29, 2007

Relaxing singletrack ride


Wind was starting to kick up this morning. Decided to take a relaxing dirt ride at Manawa. Met Ryon and his sons, asked me about the Manawa trail. Gave them a tour of some of the trails - Both Sidewinders and Wood Chopper. After that, I headed out for my normal route. Construction equipment were removed what I was riding there.

Talked with one of the workers. One area of the trail is soft/muddy from the construction. They will be back in 2 weeks for more work. In the mean time, ride around the taped off area.

After my ride, I headed to the UP Museum to check out the Photo Contest. I don't know how to figure out what they want. True, art is subjective. but I don't know why some of the winners even placed! Some sure don't seen to depict their subject matter. Others look like they were categorized wrong. There were several much better photos ( in my opinion) than the "Best in Show".

I will have to take a hard look whether I want to enter next year.

1 comment:

Rusty Car said...

Hi Tom,
I have successfully relocated to Denver, but unfortunately that means I cannot make your 60th b-day celebration. I was honored to have met you. Keep the wheels turning and enjoy your day!

Mike