Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Best of the Trip

Some of my friends have asked me what I liked best on the trip. Here's the high points from the trip.

The reason I made the trip was to attend my Army Reunion. Well, the unit I lived with in 'Nam. It was great to see the guys again; See you next year in Myrtle Beach. And, of course, great to see my cousin Don and fraternity brother Craig and his wife Janie.

Now most of my time was out playing tourist. I wanted to see the sights, capture some beautiful scenery photos, and visit the SouthWest. The most spectacular spot was (of course) The Grand Canyon.

Second Place goes to Monument Valley


Now for the bicycle trails I rode.

For outstanding scenery while riding, the honor goes to Bell Rock Pathway, Sedona, AZ.


Boggy Draw, outside of Dolores, CO was the trail that made me most at home.


The most tense time on the trail had to be when I encountered the rattlesnake on the trail at McDowell Mountain Park.


The most difficult trail I rode/walked -- its a tie. The Long Loop at McDowell Mountain Park, Scottsdale, AZ and Mike's Trail, Horse Gulch, Durango, CO.




Where I learned about riding rocks and honed my skills most was Big Park Loop, Sedona, AZ.


Best trail signage goes to Trails2000 (Telegraph Trail System - Durango, CO). At each intersection there is a sign showing the trail names, a map, directions, and compass direction.




The best weather during the trip - Albuquerque, NM. The most disappointing ride - Foothills trails, Albuquerque (thanks to the %$#@ goatheads). The city I would least think of living in: Scottsdale, AZ. The city I would most think of moving to: Albuquerque, NM

1 comment:

victoria said...

The place looks so good then trip must be best,I like to see the sightsand capture some beautiful scenery photos..
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step