Sunday, July 5, 2009

Home at Last



Late last night (or should I say "early this morning"), I got home. 1040 miles, 16 hours from Albuquerque to Treynor. Was a long drive but as I aimed the car toward Iowa, I just wanted to get home.

Friday, I was planning to ride the ski slope dirt trail. Alas, the day was overcast and drizzling rain. Had breakfast with my cousin and met with a real estate agent friend of his. From there, It was off to the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science.

From there, it was down time and start packing the car.

In the evening, I visited a fraternity brother and his wife who live in the Albuquerque area. We had a nice visit. We sat on the patio. Pleasant temperature, no bugs, good conversation.

Yesterday, I had breakfast and was on the road at 7:30am MDT. My plan was to overnight in Ft. Morgan, CO. When I got there, I decided to push on. Eventually, after a stop at the local grocery store, I got home about 1am.

Today's photos are of me with my cousin Don, and me with my fraternity brother Craig. Oh, yeh, If you are interested, 3776 miles, 21 days, 20 nights on the road. Rode my Fuel EX7 in Durango, CO, Dolores, CO, Sedona, AZ (2 visits), Scottsdale, AZ and Albuquerque, NM.

No comments: