Thursday, December 30, 2010

End of theYear


Well, I will have to settle with 2028 miles on the bikes for the year. I should have braved the wind today, but just did not have the drive. Yes, it was in the 50s here. I know others were out riding, but I called it a year.

No chance to ride tomorrow (New Year's Eve) as the weather is heading South as I am writing this (sleet and snow on the way). Forecast is for bitter cold on New Year Day.

Don't get me wrong, I am pleased with my efforts this year. After the worst winter weather in decades, a week in the hospital for biopsy, 7 1/2 weeks of radiation treatments, and 11 weeks of chemotherapy, I was able to ride 340 miles during the period.

To celebrate getting though the treatments, I treated myself with a new bike - my first road bike. Ended up with logging over 1000 miles on the new bike this year. Not much dirt riding at home, Lake Manawa trails were under water most of the year. Enjoyed some awesome dirt riding in Wisconsin and S. Carolina.

So, I am ready to close the book on 2010...

2011, bring it on!

No comments: