Sunday, March 31, 2013

March Wind

Happy Easter!

Saturday was the first day of the season wearing shorts to breakfast.  Maybe Spring has finally sprung.  Planning a bike ride early afternoon.

Loaded up the road bike and headed to the Wabash Trace Trailhead.  Almost there, I head to turn around back home - I had left my ID  and money at home.  While I was not expecting amy problems, I do not like to ride without at least ID.

By the time I got back to the trailhead, the wind was starting to pick up, but I was already kitted up and all, so HAD to ride!  (First ride of the season in short bibs and no jacket.)

Rode over to the Indian Creek bridge.  At that point, I was pondering - "ride around Lake Manawa" or turn around back.  With the gusting wind from the NNW, I decided to head back toward the car.  On the way back, I detoured to the spur trail up to the campground.  Today's "creative" photo is the road bike and one of the docks @ Lake Manawa.

Not looking forward to the ride up Mosquito Creek into the wind,  I turned up the trail.  It took some effort riding along the railroad tracks.  Climbing after the tunnel, I could see that its going to be a struggle riding up levee.  The wind had be down to 5.5 to 6 mph.  Heart was pounding (monitor was going showing 150-175 bpm).  It was either keep riding at this pace or walk if.  I kept pedaling.

Think I may have over-done it.  Could not sleep well last night and still have a nagging headache.  Oh well - forecast is for snow tonight!


No comments: