Monday, July 15, 2013

Dog Days

Got out for a couple bike rides in the last couple weeks.  Seems like I am busy, its too hot, or its too windy.  When it stuck my head out of the door this morning, it was looking to be a great morning for a ride.  Kitted up and loaded the hybrid on the car rack and headed for the Wabash Trace Trailhead.

The thermometer in the car registered 74 degrees - not too bad!  But when I arrived at the trailhead and unloaded the bike, I realized it was also very humid this morning.  Well, I am here, see how it goes.

Plan was to ride to and around Lake Manawa.  That was same route as my last ride (and had logged the fastest speed for the year).  That was a little cooler morning, knew I was not going to make that speed.

Took it easy on the way down to Lake Manawa.  Decided to ride the Nature Trail ti add a little distance to my ride.  Besides, I had not ridden that loop for some time.  Today's photo was taken on the Nature Trail.

Continued on the Indian Creek Bridge.  By the time there, it was getting a bit HOT.  Turned back towards the trailhead.  Did a short detour to the levee at the mountain bike trails.  Back to the main trail and on up to the Wabash.  By the time I got back to the car, I had enough. 

Its time to change to early morning ride - like sunrise.

No comments: