Friday, September 13, 2013

New Signs Along Council Bluffs Trails

Back from my trip.  It was a rough day driving from Keystone, SD to Iowa.  Couldn't even tell you where (and if) I stopped for proper food.  Spent lots of time recovering and sleeping.

I was hot when I got home.  That didn't help it - I just wanted to stay inside the house.  The good thing was I had time to create my web site pages and get them up to the site.

Here's the link to my trip photos:   http://www.tomwinfield.com/glacier/glacier.html

Also spent time posting some of the best photos trip photos to my photography blog.  Some also have been posted on my Zenfolio and Fine Art America sites.

The weather broke and today turned out to be a perfect Fall day - sunny, light breeze and temperature in the mid 70s.  Bike riding weather!

My road bike has been neglected. so decide to use it for my ride.  It has been sitting so long that there was basically no air left in the tires.  Been so long since I rode the "Rail" my bike handling was not pretty - until I got riding a bit.

Parked the car at the Wabash Trace Trailhead.  Headed for a ride to and around Lake Manawa.  I have ridden this 10.6 mile route many times.  Wonder why I bring a camera with my on every ride.  Today, I notices new signs along the trail, providing directions to other trails, the lake, and the river boat ramp  Today's photo is one of these signs along Veterans Memorial Trail.  Good job, Council Bluffs!

No comments: