Friday, December 25, 2015

A White Christmas

I have been bust getting ready for a trip (month long) to Albuquerque.  Goal is to see how it goes, living in the city, in a house, for a month in the Winter.  Decided the best schedule is to head out Christmas Day. Only bringing the hybrid bike with me on this trip.

Had most stuff sorted that I want to bring.  Just pack the car.  Wednesday we had rain with forecast 1" snowfall for early Thursday.  Surprise, we got a major snow - reported 7 inches. With the freezing rain under the snow, I had problems getting up the hill off Rt 92 to head back to the house.

I still planned to get on the road Friday.  Just was not fun packing and loading the car in a first major snow storm of the season.  Forecast is showing another storm hitting home Sunday/Monday.  I needed to get on the road - with some cushion for getting to Albuquerque on the afternoon of Dec 30th,

Set tentative itinerary for stops in Dodge City, KS, Roswell, NM, and 3 nights in Alamogordo, NM.  Have to watch the weather because forecast is for South routh storm through El Paso, Roswell, and Amarillo over the weekend.

No comments: