Monday, December 28, 2015

Settling In

Woke up about 5:30 Sunday morning.  Was thinking of finding tte local Panera Bread for coffee.  After a trip to the bathroom, I decided going back to bed sounded better.  Finally, I got up and dressed.  Not having any food in the rental house, I made my list and headed out for supplies.

When I ventured out, I was surprised the snowfall was not as much as predicted on Saturday.  Had less than an inch in the top of the car.  Temperature was 27 degrees.   Could see the streets were icy.

On the road for shopping about 8:30.  There were basically no one on the streets of Albuquerque.  The stores are open, but only a couple customer (at a Walmart SuperCenter!)

After putting groceries in the car, drove over to Big 5 sports, looking for "Lobos" (University of New Mexico) gear.  The sent me to a shop specializing on fan gear.  On the way there, stopped by Barnes & Noble for magazines and check out bargain books.

Back at the house, stowed groceries and checked out my new Lobos gear.  Took a selfie and posted on facebook,  By then, I was ready for a nap.

I was awakened by a knock on the door.  Cousin Don.  Was not able to contact me by phone.  (I did not hear the phone in the bedroom).  Anyway, we visited a little, I got dressed, and we headed out for dinner.

Went to O'Neills in Central with cousin Don.  They had an Irish band.  Door was open to the other bar in the same place.  A sports bar with football games.  The Phoenix Cardinal fans in the bar where pretty noisy at times,  The Packers played terrible.  But we had a good burger, brew and conservation.

Mostly a chilly week is the forecast with more snot Tuesday.  Think it will be a good week to do stuff like opening a local bank account and such.  No plans for New Year Eve.  Probably leave it to the pro-partiers and spend a quiet night.

No comments: