Sunday, March 20, 2016

A Chilly Morning

I was not ready for the cold this morning.  Was thinking of wearing shorts driving from southern Kansas to Albuquerque.  The weather channel was reporting 14 degrees when I got up and ready to get on the road.

Light breakfast (bowl of cereal) and coffee.  Not hungry as I are so much yesterday.  The drive was straight down US 54 from Liberal to Tucumcari, NM.  Along the road, I saw "Tex", which last trip I identified being in Tucumcari.  Really, it was a little area NE of Dalhart, TX.  corrected my photo blog and photos on the web site.

Continhes taking photos of old, abandoned buildings on this trip.  Tucumcari is a treasure trove of these buildings.  The New Mexico map shows a "ghost town" near Tucumcari along old Route 66 called Montoya.  There are more abandoned buildings in Newkirk, just down the road.  Got off the interstate at Newkick and drove the frontage road to Cuervo (took photos there last tine through here).

Construction on I-40 getting into Albuquerque.  Got off the highway and took Central Ave to Nob Hill and picked up mail in my mail box.  Checked into the motel and started settling into the room.  Short drive for a Blizzard and in for the night - exhausted.

No comments: