Monday, October 16, 2017

70th Birthday

My 70th birthday celebration was just what I would hope it would be.  I picked op the cake in the morning - I had drive about 15 miles or more into central Albuquerque to find a bakery to bake a spice cake.

Relaxed the rest of the day until getting dressed for the celebration.  Plans were for food, drinks, and conversation at Billy's Long Bar in Albuquerque.

Cousin Don arrived early about the same time I did.  At 5:30 the guests started filtering in.  All totaled, 13 of my ham radio club friends and spouses settled into the Dart Room.  My friend and real estate agent Leland, also made the function. 

The food and service was great - thanks for the folks at Billy's.  The room was just the right size for our group of 16 people.  Thanks to my Albuquerque "family" for making my 70th birthday celebration a success.


No comments: