Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Wednesday Shift - Balloon Fiesta

It was a COLD morning at Balloon Fiesta Park. Thermometer was hovering just above 40 degrees.  Had a big crew, mostly because 2 nets were being controlled from the High Desert display at Balloon Fiesta.  I checked into the SCAT (Senior Citizen and Travelers) net.  Was busy talking with folks about Ham Radio during Rusty's Raider's net, so skipped checking into that net.

I did a little more photography.  Still working on setting the camera to shoot the Dawn Patrol.  The shots are tricky because of the low light and the bright glows when the balloon gas jets are firing.

Three days at the Balloon Fiesta, I wore my Georgia Boot Company work boots.  While they were heavy when I first got them on, they were very comfortable for walking at the fiesta grounds.

Body was tired by the time I headed to the car, only finding the gate I entered in was closed.  Had to walk down to the next gate and back to the car.  Crashed into bed when I got home

No comments: