Tuesday, June 17, 2008

DIRT!!!

Weather is good and heard the trails are open. So, today I headed to the Reforestation Camp near Green Bay. Yesterday I picked up a trail map - some 10+ miles of singletrack/doubletrack.

Now, it has been over 3 weeks since I have been able to ride some dirt. Getting very frustrated and bad case of withdrawals.

Had a GREAT ride today. The trail difficulty level is just right for me. As I started out, I found some sections challenging.

Later during the ride, I found myself riding better, even anticipating the trail. My speed came up. Feeling good, considering I had never ridden the trail.

The early section of the trail is more difficult. Thinking of riding the trail again tomorrow - with all that I have learned about the trail today.

I need to comment about the trail system signage - its great. I did not get lost once. There were signs for the singletrack loop with direction arrow. When trails converge, there were mini kiosks on posts with trail maps. Today, I gave the trail an "A". Damned, it was great to be in the woods, on dirt!

No comments: