Sunday, September 2, 2012

Detour!


The last week, I just didn't feel like riding. Today, I HAD to get out. Did our Sunday Morning coffee at Panera. Had the road bike with me.

I was not the only one out for a bike ride. Johm rode his bike to coffee. When I got to the Wabash Trace Trailhead, the parking lot was almost full with cars with bike racks.

It was about 9am when I headed on on the trail. Temperature was in the upper 60s, sunny, with almost calm winds.

At Mosquito Creek, I encountered the detours. As mentioned in a earlier post, it looks like they are doing storm sewer work. Today's photo is taken from one of the detours. You can see that the levee had been cut - same point where there is a manhole. Rocks have been places at the slope to the creek.

Rode on over to the Western Historic Trails Center. Visited, consumed my Gs and a granola bar, and headed back. Lots of other folks out on their bikes today. By the time I was back at the car, it was almost 11 and 80 degrees.

Tired, but glad I was out to ride.

No comments: