Monday, February 4, 2019

Chiricahua National Monument

Was a foggy morning when I stuck my head out of the room and walked over the breakfast room.  By the time I was back at the room, the fog had lifted.  Loaded back into the car and headed to Chiricahua National Monument,

Wanted to look what is left of Fort Bowie.  Drove the dirt road, but not ready to walk the dirt trail 200 ft to see the site.  On to Chiricahua.

Checked into the Visitor's Center.  Picked up information, a book, and misc "stuff".  Drove the road to it's end, stopping for photos..  Was a cold, windy morning up at the end of the road.

Had time, so headed towards Bisbee, AZ.  Unfortunately, it was pouring rain when I got there, so just drove through town and headed to Tombstone.  Late lunch at Doc Holiday's Saloon in Tombstone ("dined" on Tombstone pizza). Washed down my meal with 2 pints of 8's and Ace's local craft beer.

Took a couple photos of Allen St. in Tombstone and headed to check into the Tombstone Monument Guest Ranch.  Settled into my "Grand Hotel" room.  There was problems with my heat in the room which was eventually sorted out. 

No comments: