Sunday, February 3, 2019

On the Road Again

My planned trip to Death Valley starting late January had to be cancelled because of the "Orange One's" dumb government shutdown.   I planned a different Winter trip - Destinations Tombstone & Tuscon, AZ.

Day one on the trip got me to Lordsburg, NM.  On the was, I stopped by Chloride, NM.  Met Donald Edmonds (I have read his book about growing up on a farm in Wisconsin).  Gave his daughter 5 copies of my 2019 calendar as a donation to the museum and store.  Picked up 2 more books about the area,, one also authored my Edmonds.

Stopped by the General Store and Cafe in Hillsboro.  Dropped off 2 of my calendars - the inside of the store in a page of my calendar.  Shot some photos in the real ghost town of Lake Village.  It was raining when I arrived in Lordsburg and checked into my room.

No comments: