Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Doc

After breakfast, it was time for my first ever horseback ride.  The wrangler and her helpers got me settled into the saddle on "Doc".  Here's the money shot of Doc and me.

After about 1/2 hour, I was ready to call it enough for a first ride.  Went to the room to post the photo.  In the afternoon, I again rode Doc - this time for a hour-long riding lesson.

After the lesson, I was feeling a little more comfortable riding.  Learned more of the way to guide the horse, getting him to go where I wanted him to go.

After a shower and changing into my evening wear, I settled into a stool on the bar in the saloon.  Was a little hungry.  Had some bar-food washed down with pints of Kilt Lifter.  Later, we moved into the card room to learn how to play Texas Hold-um.

Tired. I headed to my room about 10pm.  Had an order of deep-fried cheese curds and some fries as food.  Foir pints of beet, and a couple hours of practice poker..  Unfortunately, I was so wired, I had problems getting to sleep.  It was an awesome day.

No comments: