Friday, November 16, 2007

A Rough Ride


For something different, I decided to ride the mountain bike/horse trail on the Wabash Trace. Last year, I rode a couple short (flat) sections. Today, I wanted to ride to ride from the trail head to Margaritaville.

I did pretty good for the first 3.5 miles. Then the trail changed to steep climbs and descents. I had to walk my bike many of those steep sections. A mile before Margaritaville, I gave up. My body was not wanting to push up the hills. Rode the last mile on the limestone.

I got my heart rate a little high at one point (155 bpm), so slowed things down. I could see that my riding has improving greatly. I can ride much like at Manawa - becoming one with the bike and trail. And that makes riding SO much more fun.

Took it easy on the way down, riding on the limestone. I needed a relaxing ride down.

Some sections of the singletrack is badly eroded. Not sustainable trail.

No comments: