Sunday, May 24, 2009

BHFTF Day 2


Yesterday it was an early call to get up and ready for the first day of the Mickelson Trail ride. Breakfast for the riders and volunteers at 6am. A shower came though as we were eating (just hoping that was not foreboding the what the weather will have in store for us). A little after 7 we rolled out for Deadwood. About 8 we were in Deadwood, unloading the bikes.

I decided to try riding the first section - climbing up from Deadwood. While the grade is not that bad (about 4%), the thinner air took its toll on me. Made it 6 miles up the hill. Had to walk the last few hundred feet to the trail head. Lactate was builting up in my muscles. Rode in the van for 2 section. Then rode 2 downhill sections from Dumont to Mystic. All totalled 24.77 miles for the day. I was pleased with my effort.

The photo here is me coming out of Tunnel C. Some very beautiful scenery down the canyon from Rochford to Mystic. Mickelson Trail Day 2 today.

Oh, yesterday I hit 1100 miles for the year.

No comments: