Friday, August 21, 2009

Imogene - Shenandoah

Threatening weather yesterday. Wabash Trace board meeting in Imogene. Some folks were planning to ride from Shenandoah up to Imogene.

I decided to bring my hardtail down to Imogene, and ride down to Shenandoah and back. The bike was ready after repairs (problem in the bottom bracket - bearing?)

With the rain Wednesday and showers yesterday, was pleasantly surprised that the Trace was pretty solid. No problem riding. This is the first time I had ridden all of the section from Imogene to Shenandoah. The hill between Walnut Creek and East Nishnabotna is a 2 mile grind.

Stopped several times to take photos. Took some more of the old depot. The my Canon A590 camera started acting up. Just back from repairs for losing date/time - that started again. It got to the point that every time the camera was turned on, the date/time had to be reset.

Last night when I got home after the meeting, tried to retrieve my photos from the SD card. The card had the folders, but no images. Lost the photos I shot that day. Tried recovering the photos with recovery software - no luck. The bottom line. I lost the shots and camera failed - AGAIN. And no photo for this posting :-(

Camera is going back to Best Buy. The camera is just short of 1 year in the 4 year extended replacement warranty. This morning I will start negotiations asking for a new camera.

No comments: