Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Ride - on The Trace


At our Sunday Morning Coffee, Dennis said he is planning to ride Imogene to Shenandoah on the Wabash Trace. Since I had just ridden that section and lost the photos from a camera malfunction, thought I would ride with him.

We met in Silver City (to car pool). I had the FX (hybrid) on the car already, and wanted to shoot photos, I rode that bike. The FX has a rack on the back and I have the bag to carry my Canon Rebel.

Dennis wanted to shoot some photos too, so we made a photography bike ride.

Headed out from Imogene about noon. Rode down to Shenandoah. Dennis was agreeable to ride on down to Ikes (another 5 miles).

At Ikes, we had 14 miles. Getting hungry, stopped at the Depot Deli in Shenandoah for lunch. Arrived back in Imogene about 4pm.

29+ miles, 2:37 pedaling time. Weather was awesome - in the 70s, bright sunshine, breeze from the SSE (With the wind back up to Imogene). Dennis was about done when we got back. I had still more energy. A+ ride.

BTW - this photo is of Dennis and me on the East Nishnabotna Bridge.

No comments: