Monday, August 31, 2009

Photo Shoot and Ride


Another Sunday Ride on the Wabash Trace. Was a cool, Fall-like day. Temperature was in the upper 60s when I headed out to Silver City.

Like last week, I rode my hybrid (Trek 7200FX). Main reason was that bike has a luggage rack. Since my point & shoot camera is not yet back from repairs, I was carrying the Canon Rebel.

Had an enjoyable ride. No speed goal, the plan was to ride Silver City to Strahan. Stopped to shoot photos of the bridges and the Trace. Visited with a couple other riders on the West Nishnabotna bridge. My apologies since I quickly forgot their names. One rider (Webmaster for Madison County [Iowa] Cycling Club) from Winterset was on his way to Shenandoah. A guy and his son (?) from Ashland, NE are on their way back from an overnight in Shenandoah.

My ride covered 31 miles. I made it to Strahan (clocking the mileage of just 15.5 miles from Silver City to Strahan). Riding time of 2 hours 57 minutes, 3 hour 45 minutes elapsed time. Good ride, more photos for my collection.

No comments: