Thursday, October 8, 2009

Activity on The Trace


Lots of activity on the Wabash Tace yesterday. Was a windy day, mostly sunny, and high about 70. With the wind from the South, it would be a good day to ride there.

Headed out of Silver City. There were all sorts of creatures on the trail today. Some just in time for Halloween.

On the way I encountered a pick-up truck. Two guys checking out surveying marks. As I rode past Malvern, there was another pick-up parked on the trail. He was checking bridges (something about possibility of chaning some of the bridges from wood to concrete.

Same place, I encountered 2 of the other SWINT board members. They were clearing dead falls.

Turned around at White Cloud. Cross wind for the first couple miles. Most of the rest of the way I had a tail wind. legs were tired by the time I got back to the car. Pedaling into the wind took itout of me. Still logged 25 miles.

No comments: