Monday, October 5, 2009

Bike Rides and a Wedding


It was a blustery night for the October Full Moon Ride. Five of us headed out from Xtreme Wheels. Temperature about 50 and gusty winds from the North. Rode up to IWCC, tooled around the college, and rode back. Short ride - but kept the streak running.

No time to ride Saturday. Ham Radio breakfast then do a couple things before heading North for Roxzanne & Ryan's wedding. Brought the hybrid hoping to ride Sunday.

The wedding venue was Ponca State Park. Was a little cool, but the rain kept away. The ceremony was held outside, overlooking a Missouri River vista.

The Reception was at the Missouri National Recreational River Resource and Education Center. It was a beautiful place for the wedding. Appropriate for folks that love the outdoors like Roxy and Ryan.

The couple took a ride on their "bicycle built for two".

The function was well attended by T.H.O.R, Psycowpath, and other bicyclists. Was a enjoyable party. Once the karaoke started, I had to call it a night. Was enough for me.

Roxzanne and Ryan Feagan, congratulations! Best wishes for your life together.

When I stuck my head out the door of my room Sunday morning - I saw frost on the car and it was still dark at 7am (I wanted to ride at 8). First frost for the season! Walking over to "breakfast", found it was a bit chilly. Decided to wait to ride at home when it was warmer.

After a nap at home, drove into CB. Rode from Xtreme Wheels, along the bike path. Planned to ride to the Trails Center. Dennis saw me there, so I rode up to the Bob Bridge and on to Big Lake with him. With lots of legs left, I decided to ride back the same way - giving me almost 35 mile ride. That ride took me over 2800 miles for the year, 600+ miles over last year's total.

No comments: