Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Biking Weather!


Not too bad weather-wise for August. When I headed out for coffee this morning, it was a sunny 65 degrees. Did my errands (blood draw, coffee at Panera Bread, checked magazines at B&N, and visit at the bike shop.

Time to change into my cycling kit. It had been a while since I took the hardtail on the Wabash Trace. Perfect day for a ride Silver City to Malvern.

It was 81 deg when I headed south on the Trace. Noticed a little tail wind. Was thinking of riding my 20 miles (to Mahr Ave and back). Knowing I would have a headwind on the way back to the car, I settled turning back at Malvern and a 17 mile ride.

Today's photo is of the depot at Malvern. Beautiful day for a bike ride. Hope folks took advantage of the weather.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad to see fellow cyclists exercising their craft...I also a senior bike rider...most strenuous "tour" was a 7 day Vermont trip at a century each day.

Am now 73 and ride a TREK mountain bike with road tires....easy does it here in the mountains of No. CA.