Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Getting the Run-Around

Well, I THOUGHT I had purchased a new bike carrier (car). I put money down on the car (at least I thought). Then the sales gal told me that the car was damaged when a tent blow onto it at a other dealer.

Today, I find out that the car I put money on, was sold under me. Actually, word was that Sid Dillon had 2 of the cars, one sold retail and the other sold to an employee. The car that had a tent fall on, was at some other dealership.

Classic Chevrolet Cadillac is (the sales manager says) still trying to find the car I want. Wish I had thought about the deposit when I stopped by and talked with the sales manager. Would have given a piece of my mind. They had deposited my check, so they are now using my money.

As I look back at my 2002 Impala purchase in 2001, I am sure they took me to the cleaners - not giving me the employee discount I should have received. Think they only gave me the supplier discount.

OH, how I HATE to deal with car dealers.

1 comment:

Jez Andrews said...

Hi!
I would like to invite you to my linky party on my bike blog called ‘Want It Wednesday’. Its very simple, by going to http://www.followingthechainline.blogspot.com/p/bike-bling-wednesday.html put your name and URL address in the linky Wizard. Then on every other Wednesday, blog about a piece of desirable bike kit that you want to own or even want to brag about, remembering to link back to my address so others can join too. It is a fantastic, fun and commitment free way for others to find your blog and read about you. It’ll increase you traffic to your blog and hopefully get you more followers.

Give it a try!!

Jez