Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Yes, I've Been Riding



From my blog postings, you might think I have not been riding. Oh, contrair'. Just not much to report nor shoot a photo of. Have been getting out on the paved trail from Wabash Trace Trailhead Park towards Lake Manawa. Two rides to and around Lake Manawa. Riding the streets - not been that way since the Veterans Memorial Trail opened. Also was a little gun shy with all the glass shards on VM Trail along E. Manawa Drive.

The other ride was from the trailhead to Western Historic Trails Center. A frequent destination for my rides.

The weather has turned warm (almost hot), so have started riding mornings. This morning started with coffee, computer work, and conversation at Panera Bread. From there, it was my bike ride. Stopped by along Navajo St. to take this photo of the hybrid overlooking Lake Manawa.

On to Xtreme Wheels to pick up my road bike, want to bring it on my upcoming Minnesota trip. The bike got new shoes, new bar tape (with gel pads), and annual check-up. Sam's Clubs for supplies and gas the car. McClelland for voting (primary election day in Iowa). Now rest and start packing for the Cuyuna Mountain Bike Festival.

No comments: