Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Relaxing Bicycle Ride

Today I had the kind of bicycle ride that I really enjoy.  The temperature was in the low 70s with a light breeze from the SSW as I headed out the door for my ride. 

Parked at the Wabash Trace Trailhead, planning to ride over to Lake Manawa.  Had printed a couple photos of "Tom", the wildlife photographer (see http://naugabike.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-short-warm-ride_30.html) I have met several times on the Lake Manawa Trail.  Hoped to see him on the trail today.  Met him about 2.5 miles into my ride at the junction with the tail to the campground.

Short visit (might have missed him had he not stopped to visit with a recumbent rides I see regularly on the trail) and gave him the plain paper prints.

Continued my ride to the Indian Creek Bridge.  Lots of folks out on the trails this afternoon.  Talked briefly with other riders at the bridge as i drank some water and decide to ride on around the lake.

Stopped at Wright Road, planning to turn on the read flasher to ride through Lake Manawa streets.  No luck.  Changed batteries and still no luck.  Have to try other batteries for the light is dead.  This caused me to change plans to ride the bike trail instead of the streets.

Veteran's Memorial Trail pavement has some damage along East Lake Manawa Drive (just before the pumping station - about mile 4.6).  For some time there has been damaged pavement replaced with gravel, but today I saw broken up concrete and have to walk the bike through the section.  (see today's photo)

Riding North on Lake Manawa Trail along Mosquito Creek, I saw Zach (Xtreme Wheels)  at the railroad underpass.  Short detour where he and his friend John were stopping for refreshments.  Nice visit there and finally headed back to the car. 

Topped off the afternoon with a double steakburger and fries at Freddies.

No comments: