Sunday, May 6, 2018

Busy Sunday

Late departure from the motel.  Destination for the day was Fort Bayard and downtown Silver City.  The Fort did nit open until 10am on Sunday.  Visited with the volunteers at the one open building.  From there, did a driving tour of the fort.

Next spot was downtown.  Parked and took several photos of the historic building in tow,  There even is the Murray Hotel with an art deco facade. 

It was only about noon, and I was not ready to go to the motel to pack.  Decided to do the 65 miles to Glenwood and the Catwalk National Trail.

Grabbed my walking stick (sure happy I brought it) and headed out up the trail.  The trail stats as a paved trail.  At one place, there is option to continue the paved, easier trail or a dirt, steeper trail.  I opted to say on the paved trail. 

It was a bit of a hike up the trails before the catwalk starts. Several times I thought of stopping and just heading back.  But, with a rest (unfortunately no benched along the trail) I persevered.  Eventually I got to the catwalk.  Continues the catwalk trail until in ends with a ground level trail.  /

There were 2 benches on the catwalk, took time to rest, get a photo of me, before heading back down to the car. Was relieved when I made it back at the car,  Guzzled a bottle of Gaterade and headed back to the motel.

Packed up the room and went back to the Wrangler for dinner.  Had their French Dip with side of potato salad washed down with 2 pints of Amber Bock.  Back at the motel, I crashed into bed.

No comments: