Saturday, May 5, 2018

Rodeo New Mexico

Today was a day to explore the far SW corner of New Mexico.  Drove down to Lordsburg, West a little on I-10, and South eventually to the little town of Rodeo, NM.  The guy I visited with Thursday night, suggested visiting the museum there.

Spend the $5 to enter the museum.  Most was filled with artifacts in this part of the country. In a separate room they have a display of live rattlesnakes and a couple other desert snakes, even a Gila  Monster!

Nothing that interesting to photograph so I went into their garden.  Took several photos of cacti flowers.

At the highway, I had seen a sign to a National Monument 35 miles over in Arizona.  At the museum, they told me the road there is "iffy".  Paved for about 15 miles, the gravel with some rough area.  I decided to drive the paved area and then head the tourist route back towards Silver City.

Later, I learned that a college friend and his husband were in the same National Monument today.  They live in Florida, would have been nice to see them.

Dinner this evening was at the Little Toad Creek Brewery downtown Silver City.  They had a good "Copper Ale".  Food was a bacon-cheeseburger with fries.

No comments: