Monday, May 7, 2018

Heading Home

Moved stuff from the motel room into my car. Checked out of the motel and stopped to gas the car, First destination the "ghost town" of Mogollon.

Narrow, mountain road, mostly only 1 1/2 lanes wide.  9 miles from the highway, I entered the town Mogollon.  The town is crammed into a canyon with a stream coming down it.  Building had bridges over the creek to get out of their houses!

There are a surprising number of occupied houses here in the town.  Man old buildings that look that they could be use.  A couple of ruins.

It was just after noon when I pulled into Pie Town.  Only one establishment was open for food.  I was not hungry, so skipped pie in Pie Town (people have told me it is not that special).  Got out of the car to take photos at the arch in El Malpais National Monument.  Home a little before 4pm. 


No comments: