Thursday, May 3, 2018

T or C to Silver City

After a waffle and several glasses of apple juice, I headed off toward Silver City (taking a tourist route).  First on the route were several "ghost towns" NW of T or C - Monticello, Winston, and Chloride.

In Chloride I tourist the museum and store then.  Spend so time visited with the "owner", a life-long resident of Chloride.  Her grandfather was born in Wisconsin and published his memoirs "Confessions of a Wisconsin Farmm Boy".  Sure sounded like I have been working on,

Drove through, but not stopp, in Hillsboro and Kingston.  I noticed that the General Store and Cafe in Hillsboro was not open - just hope it has not gone out of business.  On up the Black Range. Stopped at a view area.  There was a display about the Silver City forest fire.

Since I had time, I detoured to "City of Rocks" State Park. Purchased my annual state park pass.The park is mostly camping spots and some hiking and mountain bike trails.  Interesting rock formations out in the New Mexico desert.  Shot many photos of the rock outcropping.

Was thinking of picking up a t-shirt at the sate park, but after I paid for my annual pass, they basically ignored me,  They talked among themselves not paying any attention to me.From City of Rocks,

Checked into the Motel 6 in Silver CityIt was great - then gave me a room very near the lobby and entrance.  Settled into the room and then headed to Wrangler Grill & Bar.  Had 2 pints of Amber Bock and their taco plate.  Had a nice conversation with a local "snowbird"  Spends Winters in Silcer Cioty and Summers next to Acadia National Park.

No comments: