Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lehigh Trail


The Lehigh Trail is in Flagler County, Florida. A Rails-2-Trails corridor. I rode the trail this morning because there was a local bike shop (PC Bike) ride. Turn-out was a little space - likely because of the holidays.

Three of us rode the trail end-s-end. My riding companions had ridden from other parts of the area for the ride. I had driven to the Graham Swamp trailhead and rode the 1/2 mile to the Lehigh Trail trailhead.

We stated at Colbert Road and rode the 7 miles to US 1. With just 3 of us riding, the pace was a little faster than "leisurely". Most of the ride was at 13-14 mph. Got my heart rate up and worked up a sweat.

Of course it was not hard to work up a sweat this morning. It was in the 70s when we were on the trail - on December 21st!

When we turned around to return, I told the guys to not wait for me - I likely would be stopping to take photos. Got a couple that could be considered for a future calendar.

After the ride, I stopped in at the bike shop. Picked up a new helment 9mine has been getting pretty bad) and a Trails Guide for the area.

Thanks for the ride, Sam & Patrick. Watch for more info on trails in the aea.

No comments: