Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Princess Place


My last full day in Florida. I had been hearing about Princess Place Preserve. It was just a couple miles north of where I am staying.

To get to the preserve, Exit 298 of I-95. South on US1 about a mile. Turn Left onto old Kings Highway. Take that for 1.5 miles. The road (dirt - sand) road is on you left.

Walk the grounds. Take a look at the old Lodge and Lodge Stable. In the stable, I found brochures about the preserve (including a map). In this area of the preserve you are in a large grove of live oak trees.

I did not take the time to walk some of the hiking trails. Took the time to drive the Loop Road. Along the Loop Road there's a open area. There is an eagle nesting area. I could not see the nest.

After the "tour" of the preserve, I gassed up the car for the return trip. Stopped in at the bike shop (PC Bike) to thank them for the shop rides. If you get into Palm Coast, stop in to see Jake, Kelly, James, and Diane - "your hike shop".

No comments: